Brrriinnnngg! Class is now in session!
If you’ve been walking with Our Heavenly Father for any length of time, you already know—–when He calls you out to walk on that water, you need to “gets ta’ steppin” with the quickness!
Will you be ready to make the move He’s calling you to make? Probably not. I can’t recall a time when I was actually “ready” to faith walk. Will you be capable of making the move though? Absolutely! 1 John 4:4 says, “…..greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.”
Here are a few tips that I’ve used to help me leap, jump, sprint, & lunge when He “calls me out upon the waters”…#oceans.. #songreference..lol
- Don’t try to “feel” ready.-Let’s face the facts-if you could do it in your OWN strength, you wouldn’t need Him. Do you really think He’s going to let that happen? #nahhhhh He designed us to be dependent on Him, so don’t wait until you “feel” ready to leap. 2 Corinthians 12:9-11 “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My (God’s) power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
- Let go of “your” plans.– Many times we don’t leap when He tells us because we have our own plans of how things should unfold and when life looks the contrary, we begin to think maybe we should wait for life to look the way “we” want it to before we leap. Like the movie Frozen tells us…”Let it go, let it go…”
- Disown fear & pick up courage.– Fear will try to knock you out every chance it gets. IJS. You betta’ not get caught slippin! Here’s a thought, meditate on this instead- 2 Timothy 1:7-“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” Fear is NOT a part of your DNA.
- Trust Him!– How do you do that sis? The easiest way, is to take a walk down memory lane. Recount ALL the other times King Jesus came through in the clutch for you! #howboutdat
- Feel the love.– The only way you will feel confident leaping, is if you know you are loved. Am I right or what? Love propels us to do some amazing things! Love will have a mother dart in a burning building, snatch her kids out, and come out unscathed! #beastmode Meditate on scriptures that show you how much your Abba Father loves you. He will never lead you into harms way! Zephaniah 3:17, “The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by His love; he will exult over you with loud singing.” AND Jeremiah 29:11- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” AND Zechariah 2:8 “For thus said the Lord of hosts, after his glory sent me[a] to the nations who plundered you, for he who touches you touches the apple of his eye.”
This will get ya started much? You got this, & He’s got YOU! LEAP already! I’d love to hear some of your tips in the comments. Let’s grow this list & continue making faith moves!