- You experience isolation. There may be others around, but you’ll notice a type of separation that may show up socially or geographically. Do you feel hidden? Do you feel like you’ve been transplanted from one place and dropped into another? You just might be in the desert.
- You’ll be uncomfortable. As uneasy as you may feel in this season, there will be a feeling you have deep within you that tells you to stay put and push through the discomfort. You are CALLED into the wilderness when Our Heavenly Father deems you ready. People don’t causally walk into the wilderness willingly.#wheredeydodat
- You’ll experience accelerated growth. When Our Heavenly Father calls you to the wilderness, He does so in a way that caters to the expedited development He’s already purposed to manifest through you. What would have normally taken you 10-20 years to accomplish will happen in 5-7 years.
- The majority of the time, you won’t recognize your desert experience from the onset. He reveals your location midway through your journey. Otherwise, you probably wouldn’t willingly proceed to take the initial steps of faith to activate this season of your life.
- You’ll encounter many opportunities to address parts of yourself and areas of yourself you thought you overcame in previous seasons. Since your desert experience is a place to HEAL, there will be plenty of times when the mirror is put in front of you to choose life or death. My suggestion-look closely at what He’s showing you about yourself and partner with Him to bring about your healing. If He asks you to remove the scab, do it. I promise He’ll make it better.
Hopefully these 5 tips helped you get started in identifying if you’re in a wilderness season. For more context on Jesus’ wilderness experience, check out Matthew 4.