- Develop an INTIMATE & AUTHENTIC relationship with God. This is the most FREE, UNINTERRUPTED TIME you’ll ever have in your life if you desire marriage. Take advantage of this time to really get to know Him and develop history (click here for last post) with Him. The PERSONAL relationship you have with Him will change the game for your marriage and beyond! Learn to hear His voice clearly (click here and I can help you with that), learn how to pray down walls, practice walking by faith, practice being a doer of the Word and not just a hearer, grow in your knowledge of the Word, learn your God-given identity and how to walk powerfully in it, learn how to discern, & learn how to serve others. The list is practically ENDLESS. In other words, #levelup in your faith walk boo!
- Get to know yourself. This starts with learning your God-given identity. Beyond that, many people think they know who they are until they are forced to spend time alone. What do you like? What triggers you? What brings you joy? What are your passions? What ‘s your favorite food? How do you like to dress? What music lights you up? What’s your idea of a “perfect day?” Just take time to learn YOU.
- Heal. TAKE YOUR TIME. What’s the rush? Rushed healing always leads to a new and worse injury. I know you don’t want to think about the past, but you need to go there at least once to observe what happened, the root of why it happened, and how you can course correct and choose a new direction so you don’t repeat the same things again. Don’t let your pain go in vain. Let your pain have a purpose, and guess what?? YOU get to define that! What did you learn from that experience? It doesn’t have to hurt you anymore.
- Uncover your purpose. You have so much time to learn and develop your unique giftings, talents, and abilities during this time. You don’t owe anyone time, but your Heavenly Father. He has a purpose for you outside of your marriage. Many times, you walking in your purpose will be the thing that unites you and your spouse that hasn’t arrived yet. This is the time for you to devote yourself more fully to God’s work. In 1 Corinthians 7:32-34 Paul says, “An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife—and his interests are divided”
- Get yo’ money right! What better time to learn financial literacy than when you are the only one managing your finances? Learn about investments, budgeting, tithing, and overall how to be a good steward over your money. You don’t want to enter into a marriage in debt or begin to use TWO incomes recklessly.
- Dream! What did that little kid in you want to do before your “God imaginations” were shattered by the world? Take time and just dream up your hearts desires and then pray into them. How fun is it to let your imagination run wild?
- Serve. Serving is a HUGE component of marriage, so why not start practicing now? Serve your family, friends, and home church. There are people who need you in this season. Remember once you are married, your free time will look a bit different because different seasons call for different roles. Enjoy your current portion.
- HAVE FUN! Create a bucket list of ALL the things you want to do and go after them! Don’t put any limits on it. What makes you come alive? What have you ALWAYS wanted to do?
- Keep hope alive! If you have a desire for marriage, trust that Our Heavenly Father has placed it in you and is bringing you the desires of your heart in His perfect timing!
Feel free to drop your tips below! Why not share the wealth..lol.