What was at the heart of Jesus’ message?
The Kingdom of God would be established on Earth.
Check it out:
Matthew 6:10 “…your kingdom come, your will be done, on Earth as it is in heaven.”
Matthew 6:33 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
There’s a TON of theological framing & understanding that goes into this, but for the sake of you getting started ASAP- #leggo!
-How To Do It For The Kingdom 101-
1. You need to learn & NEVER stop learning who runs the Kingdom (KING JESUS), what the kingdom is, & how it operates. How do you do that?? You have to read the Word! The Word lays out the Kingdom in perfect detail. Listen, I bet you know how to “do it for the culture” and there’s not even a handbook that comes with that. How much easier is it to “do it for the Kingdom” when you have a Bible that has a whopping 66 books in it ready for you to consume!? #easypeasy
2. You need to learn who YOU are! This is the FUN part! Our Heavenly Father designed you uniquely. You have giftings, talents, abilities, & a personality that is ONLY specific to YOU! When you do it for the Kingdom, you shouldn’t be trying to copy or compare yourself to anyone else. Can’t nobody express God like you do boo! Get comfortable with who YOU ARE!
3. Understand your purpose! How do you figure out your purpose?? Easy-you, ask your Creator. He’ll drop the 411 on ya! Also, look at what you’re doing now. A bird doesn’t search its entire life to figure out its purpose is to fly. A bird flys naturally. What do you do naturally?
4. Be unashamed! I’m very vocal about doing it for the Kingdom, because I know who I am & I know whose I am. I have a VERY CLEAR conviction from my Daddy God that no one’s voice can override. That doesn’t mean that you point your finger in someone’s face & be condescending to them either. Look at Jesus’ character in the Gospels and mimic Him.
5. Just do it! Nike says it best, but y’all know what I mean. When you do it for the Kingdom, you do it so that other people can be blessed by Our Heavenly Father’s unique expression through YOU!
Doing it for the Kingdom doesn’t mean you have to be a pastor behind a pulpit. You can be a teacher speaking life into your students, a nail tech who’s nail station is decorated with scripture, a magazine editor who will stop & pray with you when he notices you look a little down, a fashionista who just loves rockin’ Christian streetwear, or a comedian who chooses to use his gift of making people laugh to show God’s sense of humor without the use of profanity….hello #kevOnstage
Simple right? Ok, now tell me again. How are YOU choosing to “do it for the Kingdom?”