It can be easy to get caught up in the commercialization of Christmas, but the TRUE reason for the season is to celebrate our King’s Birthday!! There’s some speculation surrounding when Jesus was born, but hey, why get bent in a tizzy over it? The whole point is, we dedicate an entire day to our Abba God! I’m a sucker for birthdays, so y’all know I have a TON of ideas to do it up for The Almighty! Don’t let people’s ideas of who He is fool you. Yahweh loves a LIT party!! Remember, Christmas isn’t about stressing out over buying gifts. His birthday should be full of our gratefulness and delight of who He is to us! My Daddy God is the bomb.com! Here are 7 ways to throw Him an EPIC BASH!!
- Decorations– Our Father LOVES really ornate details! Think I’m lying? Go back and read Exodus 39:8-14 as He detailed how He wanted the breastplate designed. It’s absolutely beautiful! Why not do it up for His party too?? Go for balloons, streamers, confetti, beautiful tablescapes, ect. The color scheme I picked out for Him this year is peacock-inspired. There’s hues of turquoise, royal purple, iridescent glittery blue, and java green. Ahhhh!! I know He loves it!
- Music- You can’t have a party without music! There’s tons of great Christmas albums out there (Kenny G’s Christmas album is one of my fav’s) & don’t forget the Kingdom crunk music from my old post. Click HERE to check that one out. Make sure you have a fusion of upbeat dance selections, mixed with some laid back chill tunes.
- Food– Okay, lets crank this party up!! Go all out with the food! Do you remember the Last Supper or how about the wedding feast where Jesus performed His first miracle? Ok, what about when He fed the 5,000?? Y’all know as good as I do, that Our Father loves Him some finger lickin’ food! Gon’ head and throw down in that kitchen honey!
- Birthday Cake– Ok, technically, this is part of the “food” tip, but there’s a twist. Make sure you sing Happy Birthday to Him! Who doesn’t get sung to on their birthday?? Ummm…. I’ll wait. *crickets
- Gifts-Make sure your gifts are THOUGHTFUL! He’s not the type you can just go out to the store at the last minute and grab a gift card. Get creative and think….what do you believe your Savior desires of you for His birthday? Your time, generosity, service, love, gratefulness, stewardship??
- Dancing & Games– Think: Head Bandz Bible style or Christmas themed karaoke! You could also do all types of board games, card games, and video games. Anything that brings joy, cheer, & positivity. There shouldn’t be anyone with a straight face in the place. I’m not going to lie. Dancing is my fav part of EVERY party!! Awhh get it, get it!
- Prayer- Reading His birth story in Luke 2:1-20 followed by a time of prayer will seal the night just perfectly. It’ll remind you, your family, and guests of that phenomenal night He came to the Earth. It’ll also allow time for you to show Him how much you appreciate Him. Don’t forget to make room for intercession for others and make your individual requests known. Even on His special day, He still LOVES to give! Gosh, I LOVE His heart!
So, what are your plans for the King’s birthday? I’d love to hear some of your tips and plans! Comment below!