As the New Year approaches, many of us are being called into seasons of transition that require our evolution. Do you find yourself hearing your Abba Father’s voice beckoning you to come to the next level, yet you’re frustrated because you don’t know “how?” Trust me. I know the feeling. Here are a few tips that have helped me on this journey.
- Mind Renewal– In order to go to a higher level of functionality, you must renew your mind to see possibility & potential. If you’re constantly thinking about the past, you can’t move forward. I know this is easier said than done, but you have to fight to renew your mind. Read some new edifying books. Listen to some Bible-based sermons. Commit to having quiet time with God every day. Surround yourself with people whose life is bearing fruit that you desire to reflect in your own life. Turn off the tv and social media and expose yourself to things you haven’t tried before. Most importantly, READ YOUR BIBLE. It tells you “how” you should be thinking daily.
- Be receptive– You have to open yourself up to the notion of change. If you’re resisting change, it won’t happen for you. You must be intentional about opening yourself up to your life being different. Open yourself up to YOU showing up differently in the world. How do you currently show up? Now think about how you would like to show up.
- Surrender– Dying to oneself is huge in the game of leveling up. In Matthew 16:24 Jesus said, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.” You can’t evolve into something new if you haven’t let go of what was once familiar.
- Focus– Opinions come a dime a dozen. You cannot concern yourself with others’ expectations of you or even your expectations of yourself. Just like Jesus, you need to be about your Father’s business. Focus on what He tells you daily, not on seeing to it that everyone approves of what you’re doing or who you’re becoming.
- Just Do It-There will never be a perfect time to do what Our Father is calling you to do. Stop waiting for perfect conditions and just start walking in faith. A mentor once told me an African proverb, “Just jump and trust the net will appear.” I know how it can feel to want to overanalyze, get all the blueprints, and be in control, but honey, sometimes you just have to take that leap of faith.
One thought on “How To Level Up When God Calls You”
LikeLiked by 1 person