Loading………Living Single: Holiday Edition ………………TODAY
Boo’d Up: Holiday Edition ……………………..12.15
Now that that’s out of the way….let’s get into it! (Lol…no man or woman left behind.)
Many times the holidays shore up feelings of sadness, comparison, or frustration for my single queens and kings. Yet, these feelings are the FURTHEST from the truth! What you have to understand is there is a season for EVERYTHING & the key is to juice every season for ALL it’s worth! Ecclesiastes 3:1 begins to tell us, “For everything there is a season, and a time for every [a]purpose under heaven:…..” Think about it- when it’s fall, it won’t do you any good to sit around and wish, groan, and complain that it is winter. Winter will arrive in due season. In the meantime, enjoy what fall has to offer: sweater weather, boots, crisp leaves, tons of good food, football games, vampy lips, cool weather,…CREED II….(Bwaaahhhhhh!!!! lol)
Don’t negate the fact that you are excited about winter and it’s majestic snows, Christmas music, vacations from work, hot cocoa, & putting up the Christmas tree. The point I am making is, EVERY season has its own beauty. That holds true for your single season as well as your boo’d up season. The challenge is to find the maximum amount of joy in each season and be present to enjoy it! Remember, you can’t rush or dictate the season changes, but you can prepare for them. (That doesn’t mean devote all of your energy to focusing on the day you get in a relationship. ) Meanwhile, allow Our Heavenly Father to coordinate your season changes and write your love story if you so desire a mate. Your responsibility right now is squeezing all this goodness out of your single season! Cheers to you enjoying your life honey!! Max out!!
Here are a few ideas to get you started if you are single this season:
- Get excited!! You can literally write out “Your Ultimate Christmas List” and purchase EVERYTHING on it!! (Don’t forget your stocking stuffers!) I mean, you’re the only one you are responsible for right now if you don’t have kids. Even if you have kids, you can still make a decent list and make those gifts appear under the tree. When else are you ONLY going to be financially responsible for yourself?? If you don’t ever spoil yourself, NOW’S the time to do it!
- Do some holiday craft activities or recipes with the kids in the family. Every year, whether I’m single or taken, I like to have a holiday decorating party with my sobrinos (nieces & nephew). We decorate my house, put up the tree, listen to Christmas music, laugh, eat food, make food, & create crafts! Past years have included Grinch kabobs, homemade hot cocoa and marshmallows, gingerbread houses, rice krispy Christmas trees, ect. It’s good practice for the day you have a family too. *wink
- Plan an adventure with your friends. Planning an outing is the easiest when you only have to accommodate yourself. Trust me, I see what it takes for my sister to corral her family to even go to simple places like the store! (Notice my use of the word “corral.” LOL) Although there is beauty in her season too, when you’re riding solo you can make impulse money moves…lol. Past trips for me have included tubing & skiing.
- Volunteer! There are so many people who could benefit from your love, energy, time, and service this holiday season. Your very presence can make someone’s day. I’ve volunteered at elderly homes and food banks in the past. Go deeper. What about a women’s shelter, a kid’s detention center, a prison, a pet shelter, or even helping out at your local church?
- Have an epic Girlfriend’s Night In or Guy’s Night In! I mean go for it! Invite some of your closest peeps over, tell everyone to bring a dish, crank up some music, play some games, do some karaoke, recap your 2018 and share your heart for 2019, laugh until your belly aches, take some selfies that will put the g.o.a.t. to shame, (it’s all about the angles boo…lol), watch your fav holiday movies, set up a hot cocoa bar with the fixins…..I mean, do you see how awesome this can be??
Drop your ideas below! Come on! it’s time to max out this beautiful single season!